Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Day 5
Well, I figured it would happen at somepoint...today I was called a gringa... by one of my students- really, all I could do was laugh, I mean its true. I had another good day at school. Unfortunately Vicki was still a bit under the weather so I was teaching alone again. Today's 4th grade class was even better than yesterday's- I absoluetely love them, they're all so excited about everything I teach and the activities- even though they probably don't understand half of my broken spanish. I also had 6th grade today- that class...i could take or leave haha. It's a tough age. Today was also the 35th anniversary of my host parents- they are really adorable, Joaquin (their son) says they still act like newlyweds- I hope I'm still like that after 35 yrs of marriage. My host mom made lasagna for dinner- sooo good, but it did have a slightly different taste than we were used to (they use a different cheese, no ricotta. For dessert- mi favorito: carrot cake :) Right now there is a lot of yelling going on in the other room for the El Salvador vs Costa Rica soccer game, sooo I think I'm going to go check that out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment